[Armadillo:04154] /dev/sda1 doesn't work as root

Elmar Mair email@hidden
2009年 3月 30日 (月) 04:01:54 JST

Hi,

I copied the content of romfs into the first ext2 partition on an
usb-stick (by tar and untar it on the stick). Then, I configured the
bootloader to use /dev/sda1 as root. However, even if I get the right
entry during startup:

Kernel command line: console=ttyAM0,115200 root=/dev/sda1
mtdparts=armadillo2x0)

there is no difference wheter I start my Armadillo240 with or without
the usb-stick. How can I get sure, that the USBstick is used as root
filesystem and may I also use an ext3 partition for the root filesystem?

Best regards and thank you very much in advance
Elmar Mair