[Suzaku:00234] Re: on IPIF OPB bus trouble

Yasushi SHOJI email@hidden
2005年 1月 15日 (土) 11:16:23 JST

Hi Eike,

took a while to test IPIF.

conclusion: we didn't see any oddity with currently released files.

At Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:07:21 +0900,
Eike Suthau wrote:

> I think this issue is of some general interest so I'm posting it here.
> I have tried to use the OPB_IPIF (version 3.01.a) in posted mode for bus
> writes (for speed and some convenience).
>
> It seems to me that stable operation is not of this IP is not possible in
> posted mode (i.e. using EDK and ISE 6.3i) as test program quits for no
> apparent reason when accessing the IP resource.

we haven't got any error running a test code, which write 0 to the
address of 0xffffb000, where ipif is assigned.

# btw, it seems like ipif has only 16bit bus.  we tested with both
# 32bit and 16bit access.  does your core do the dynamic bus sizing?

> For now I'm forcing all accesses to be acknowledged by setting:
> "signal ZERO_IP2Bus_PostedWrInh : std_logic_vector(0 to
> ARD_ID_ARRAY'length-1)  := (others => '1') ;"
> in the IPIF VHDL file.

we tested with default, that is others => '0'.

> If someone had a comment I'd be very glad to hear it.

could you once again list the all file's version number you are using?

Here is what we tested:

- uClinux-dist-20040408-suzaku3.tar.gz
- microblaze-elf-tools-20040315.tar.gz
- ISE6.3i sp3 / EDK 6.3i sp1