[Armadillo:01530] Re: zImage and Armadillo-210

Yasushi SHOJI email@hidden
2007年 3月 9日 (金) 19:20:00 JST

At Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:17:16 +0900,
email@hidden wrote:

> hi
>
> Recently I tried to compile zImage for Armadillo-210. But after program
> it to flash, cannot boot.
>
> I read the source code of linux-2.6.12.3-a9-8, I found a bug.
>
> in arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/Kconfig
>
> config EP93XX_ZREL_ADDR
>         hex
>         default 0x00008000 if EP93XX_SDCS3 && EP93XX_SYNC_BOOT
>         default 0xc0008000 if EP93XX_SDCS0 // this address is not
> correct, change it to 0xc0018000

thanks.  but we are not using the address above.

> After fix this problem, I still cannot not boot.
> So I think maybe there are other bugs. At last I tested to gzip my
> zImage.
>
> ha, it worked.
>
> So I think there is another bug in bootloader.

hmm... what we do, instread of using the kernel decompressor, is to
let bootloader decompress the kernel image in the flash and place the
decompressed kernel at appropriate address in DRAM.

I just don't understand how your code worked.

  - bootloader decompress the kernel image in flash
  - place the kernel at 0xc0018000
  - jump to 0xc0018000
  - now kernel's decompressor takes over and start decompressing
    itself
  - and place it exactly the same place?
--
          yashi