[Armadillo:03850] Re: cannot install linux-arm-gcc

Takenoshita Koyo email@hidden
2008年 12月 25日 (木) 09:22:06 JST

Hi,

> Do you have an idea, why I didn't get the arm-linux-gcc installed? It would be great if someone could help me.
/usr/arm-linux is just a symbloick link to /usr/arm-linux-gnu
You should install atde-essential-arm package.

APT can be used to install cross toolchain if you are using Debian etch (i386) for HOST PC.

Please do the following steps below.
[PC ~]$ su
[PC ~]# gedit /etc/apt/sources.list #to open repository file with a text editor (you can use gedit or another)
Add this line: deb http://download.atmark-techno.com/debian etch/
Save and close sources.list
[PC ~]# apt-get update
[PC ~]# apt-get install atde-essential-arm
[PC ~]# apt-get install a240-development-environment
[PC ~]# exit
[PC ~]$

hope this helps,

--