[Armadillo:03621] Re: Regarding Android on Armadillo-500

chris email@hidden
2008年 11月 4日 (火) 11:02:27 JST

Hi

Shyjumon N. wrote:
>   I have seen your posting in the group regarding the android on
> Armadillo-500. I am also attempting for the same. I have successfully
> ported the linux-2.6.25-at0-pre10 kerenel and added android related
> modules.

Armadillo-500 FX is now using a linux-2.6.26 kernel, and I would
recommend using that for Android on Armadillo-500 (development base
board) as well.

 > I have done some fixes for the power management module of the
> linux-2.6.25-at0-pre10.

We'll hopefully be able to take a look at getting power management fully
functional soon.

> I have already created the RFS from the Android
> SDK 1.0 version. And now i have tried with the one you have mentioned in
> your mail to list. In both the cases my "init" process hangs with the
> following error:
>
> init: Unable to open persistent property directory /data/property errno: 40

We're just getting our feet wet in Android too, so we wont be able to
offer a lot of support just yet.

However taking a very quick look at the Android init source, it looks
like /data/property is the first thing accessed under /data on boot, so
you might want to start by checking if the directory is there and /data
is mounted OK etc.