[Suzaku-en:00052] Re: Suzaku-V registers

Yasushi SHOJI email@hidden
Sat Oct 1 15:19:44 JST 2005

Hi Ford,

At Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:00:11 -0400,
Ford Sleeman wrote:

> I recently purchased a Suzaku-V board and need to access FPGA registers
> from Linux. A fellow student had done this with a Suzaku-S and
> MicroBlaze, but because the Suzaku-V's PowerPC has a Memory Management
> Unit his code won't work for me. I tried mapping a page of memory to
> access the registers (like I have done with a similar embedded Linux
> system) but this didn't seem to work either. Does anybody have an
> example of how the IP core registers can be written to and read from a C
> program in Linux?

can you post your code?  basically, you just ioremap the region you
want and use read/write method (ie, readl(), writeb) in your device
driver.

grab a "Linux Device drivers" or go to http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/ and
learn if you'd like.

regards,