[Suzaku-en:00214] Suzaku V getting started issue

Sylvain Ackermann email@hidden
Wed Oct 4 06:24:24 JST 2006

Hi,

I am having issues with the Suzaku V board I just purchased.

I haven't touch the hardware FPGA configuration. When I try to boot linux,
the board seems to reboot. In the serial console, I can see the same line a
random number of times and then, the console freeze :

Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...

If I put a jumper on the board, Bbot run fine and ask me to hit 'S' or
Enter.
If I hit Enter, I see an hermit prompt for 2 sec and then the board reboot :

hit Enter key to activate second stage bootloader or
hit 'S' key to download S-Record
Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
Hermit v1.3-armadillo-9-pre4 compiled at 18:41:08, Feb 28 2005
hermit>
hermit>

Welcome to BBoot v1.1 (powerpc)

hit Enter key to activate second stage bootloader or
hit 'S' key to download S-Record

Any help is welcome, I've no idea where to investigate... Could this be an
hardware issue ?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance !

sly