[Suzaku-en:00215] Re: Suzaku V getting started issue

Yasushi SHOJI email@hidden
Thu Oct 5 12:52:49 JST 2006

At Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:24:24 +0200,
Sylvain Ackermann wrote:

> I am having issues with the Suzaku V board I just purchased.

if you haven't changed anything at all, please return it to where you
purchased.

otherwise, keep reading.

> I haven't touch the hardware FPGA configuration. When I try to boot linux,
> the board seems to reboot. In the serial console, I can see the same line a
> random number of times and then, the console freeze :
>
> Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
> Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
> Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
> Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
> Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
> Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
> Copying kernel...Switching to 2nd stage bootloader...
>
> If I put a jumper on the board, Bbot run fine and ask me to hit 'S' or
> Enter.
> If I hit Enter, I see an hermit prompt for 2 sec and then the board reboot :

please hit S and update hermit, the second boot loader.

http://download.atmark-techno.com/suzaku/tools/s-record/loader-suzaku-powerpc-v1.1.3-8M.srec

send the s-recode file via ascii transfer

hope this helps,
--
       yashi