[Suzaku-en:00399] Re: Software-Development with Xilinx SDK?/ Download the Bit-File

Erik Hansen email@hidden
Tue Jul 24 19:49:24 JST 2007

Hi,

> The Hardware is specified with Xilinx EDK, I got one bit-file from it. And I have the uClinux-Image where the user-application is included. So do I have to download both bit-files or is there a way to combine both?

the most convenient may will be to store the bit-file from the EDK to
the fpga section of the flash on the Suzaku-Bord. You can use netflash,
flashw or hermit for that as documented in the suzaku software manual.
By doing so the FPGA will automatically be configured with that bitfile
upon system start up. Of course your bit-file has to include the first
stage bootloader. The sources for this bootloader are on the CD-Rom you
should received with the Suzaku-Board. Otherwise have a look at
<http://suzaku-en.atmark-techno.com/> for all sources and detailed
documentation. Same can be done with the kernel image. It can be written
do the image section of the flash. Again, habe a look into the
documentation for details about this procedure.

When developing user software or drivers (as a module) you can spare a
lot of time by mounting a nfs file system from your host computer. Doing
so there will be no need at all to download bit file and kernel image
over and over again. That will be most time saving procedure while
developing user applications.
<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO/index.html> will explain how to use
nfs.

Cheers,
Erik

Dipl.-Ing. Erik Hansen
Entwickler / Developer
SHF Communication Technologies AG
Wilhelm-v.-Siemens-Str. 23 D; 12277 Berlin, Germany
E-Mail: email@hidden
Phone: +49-(0)30- 772 051-0 direct: -66
Fax: +49-(0)30- 753 10 78
Web: www.shf.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Berlin;
Registergericht/Register Court: AG Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 72633;
Vorstand/Executive Board: Dr. Michael Martin, Dr. Frank Hieronymi,
Dr. Lars Klapproth (stv.);
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Walter
L. Rust.

Informationen und ist ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten
oder dessen Vertreter bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat
sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Jede Form der
Kenntnisnahme, Veröffentlichung, Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe durch
andere Empfänger ist unzulässig.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information and
is intended solely for the addressee or a representative there of. If
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Access to, publishing and copying of the information by a third party is
unauthorised.

believed to be clean.