[Suzaku-en:00489] Re: Question regarding Petalinux on Suzaku SZ130 hardware

Mike Thompson email@hidden
Thu Nov 1 00:09:08 JST 2007

Eilert,

Thank you for the response.

My thoughts are that the existing BBoot could be used unchanged from
the existing Suzaku uClinux 2.4 distribution to boot the Petalinux 2.6
kernel/romfs image.  We don't have a requirement for network based
booting and BBoot already knows how to stream the kernel/romfs image
from flash into in RAM and starting the kernel by jumping to it's
entry address.  Hopefully I'm not being naive, but it seems that if I
created a Petalinux 2.6 kernel/romfs image that more or less mimics
the old uClinux 2.4 kernel/image, I should be able to use the existing
Suzaku tools to place it into flash and have BBoot function as it does
today to start up the kernel.  As you note, we still have to use
Kermit to flash the Suzaku over the serial cable, but we've learned to
live with this :-).

I believe there is a Petalinux configuration for Suzaku in the 2.4
kernel, but not in the 2.6 kernel.  I'll have to look again.

Thanks again for the response.

Mike Thompson