[Suzaku-en:00496] Re: to integrate an IP-Core in Suzaku Project

mio email@hidden
Thu Nov 8 09:50:34 JST 2007

Hi.

> Hello
>
> i have a Suzaku-S Board SZ030-U00, and i downloaded the Projekt
> http://download.atmark-techno.com/suzaku/fpga_proj/6.3i/sz030/suzaku-s-20060329.zip.
>  Now i m trying since weeks to integrate my VHDL-Code that i create with
> ISE 8.1i
> this Code is just a Multiplex to switch the Input signals to the Output
> of my external HW
> as i understand from Suzaku-S Manuals i have to create an IP Core and to
> integrate on this IP-Core my VHDL-Multiplexer.
>
> i follow the Steps to creat Ip-Core on EDK.8.1i
>
> Hardware---> Creat or Import Peripheral wizard------> next: Import
> existing Peripheral----->to an XPS Project, next---->Name:
> Multiplexer----->HDL Source Files----->Use an XST Project File-------->
> i browse to the Directory containging my ISE Project (Multiplexer)---->
> until this Step all is ok but in the next step i got Problems:
> here comes the Step to select the Bus Interfaces: so i chose: OPB Slave
> (SOPB)-----> next-------->SOP :Port, define SOPB bus interface ports for
> the Peripheral....
> i really dont know how to forward under: your Port i can just Choose one
> of the Option buses and all i can see are my Multiplexer Input and Outputs.

opb-sil00 is created by "Create and Import Peripheral Wizard".
Please refer to opb-sil00 that can be downloaded as follows.
http://suzaku-en.atmark-techno.com/files/downloads/suzaku/suzaku-starter-kit/fpga/opb_sil00_v1_01_d.zip

How to make opb-sil00 is written as followings Chapter 11.
http://suzaku-en.atmark-techno.com/files/downloads/suzaku/suzaku-starter-kit/suzaku_starter_kit_guide_fpga-2.2.1.pdf
It's Japanese but might be useful a little.

And please push "More Info" of Wizard when not understanding.
It might help you.

> these Input and Outputs i are very Important for me then i have to
> Connect the Physicaly to my external HW that i want to Control it.
>
> my Goal is to multiplex Signals on an external HW , and i want to
> control this Multiplex from a Computer that i decide with a graphical
> interface wich Input Signal should be switched to wich Output. i want to
> send this request to Suzaku-S via Ethernet Interface:
>
> please who can help me on that.
> many Thanks for any Idea and Help
>
> i m new with EDK and XPS, and i really want to learn these Process this
> is for my Practical Stage in my University and i cant find person having
> experience with Suzaku or with EDK/XPS
>
> Aziz

regards.

--