[Suzaku-en:00562] Compiling Linux for Suzaku SZ410

Mike Thompson email@hidden
Wed Apr 2 06:09:24 JST 2008

I don't read Japanese, but I'm familiar enough with compiling Linux
kernals that I can make my way through the Japanese documentation for
the Suzaku SZ410 software environment at:

http://suzaku-en.atmark-techno.com/files/downloads/suzaku/manual/suzaku_software_manual_ja-2.0.2.pdf

A very basic question I have right now is that in order to compile the
latest user environment and kernel I have to use the following commands:

   cd atmark-dist-20080314
   make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-gnu- config
   make CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-gnu-

Notice I have to use the CROSS_COMPILE setting for the make environment
find the various cross compilation tools.  The documentation doesn't
indicate such a command line parameter.  The default configuration seems
to want to use 'powerpc-linux-gcc' rather than the
'powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc' I have installed from the Atmark provided debian
files according to the documentation.

Does this indicate that I have the wrong set of tools installed or some
other problem?

Thanks,

Mike Thompson