[Suzaku-en:00578] Suzaku SZ030 time leaps

Florian Painke email@hidden
Fri Apr 18 18:39:27 JST 2008

Hello to all,

I've just recently installed ntpclient on my Suzaku SZ030 uClinux.
During the procedure to measure the error in frequency as described in
the ntpclient HOWTO I came across something strange.
There are rather large sudden time leaps of several seconds. I.e. when
measuring the deviation in respect to the ntp server, first it would be
somewhat steady, say, a few milliseconds each minute. Then, from one
point measuring to the next, there's a leap of a few seconds. Largest
I've experienced so far is 150 seconds! From there on deviation will be
steady again, alas the offset from the time leap stays, of course.

Any ideas? Anyone experiencing the same behaviour/can reproduce this?

Thanks in advance,
Florian Painke