[Suzaku-en:00590] Re: Suzaku SZ130-U00

Mike Thompson email@hidden
Thu May 1 18:08:51 JST 2008

Azman,

The only JTAG cable I have experience with using on CON7 is the Xilinx
Parallel Cable IV.  This is a fairly sophisticated and pricey device as
far as JTAGs cables go and I believe that this cable is built to
correctly accommodates the 2.5V voltage for FPGAs (being from Xilinx and
all).  I've had no problem with using the Xilinx Parallel Cable IV and
the Suzaku SZ130, but it does help to create a wiring harness that
interfaces the JTAG pins to the CON7 header.  If you are using another
JTAG cable you'll certainly need to check the documentation to make sure
that it can correctly handle voltages other than 5V.

BTW, the English documentation for the SZ130 is indeed fairly old.  I
haven't found a need for updated documentation, but it certainly would
be nice if Atmark Techno updated the English documentation to match the
Japanese documentation.  There may be some things on the software and
tools side that may no longer be accurately represented in the older
documentation.  If you do find updated documentation, please let us know.

Mike