[Suzaku-en:00826] Suzaku-V SZ410 - Ethernet connection

Begandt, Benjamin email@hidden
Wed Jul 29 18:25:36 JST 2009

Oh, that explains it...
> Hi Benjamin
>
> Begandt, Benjamin wrote:
> > 1. Till now i used it with a 100 Mbit-switch - that works
> very good,
> > but in future i want to connect it to a 10-BaseT hub. I tryed to
> > connect the suzaku with it and then it prints on the serial port :
> > "PHY carrier lost" and does not connect with it.
> > Is there something i have to change in linux or so to
> connect it with
> > my hub??
>
> Does connecting to the 10-BaseT hub result in a half duplex
> connection?
> The Ethernet function on the SZ410 doesn't support half
> duplex connections, so that might be causing the problem.

Yes, my 10-BaseT hub only works with a half duplex connection. With
connecting a switch between the 10BaseT network and the SZ410 it works.

> > 2. For testing purpose i assigned the ip 192.168.0.100 to
> the suzaku
> > with deselecting the dhcpcd-new option and changing the
> ifconfig-file
> > in Atmark-Techno/Suzaku/etc/rc/. That works fine.
> > But now, i must change the ip to 192.168.1.100. I changed it in the
> > file above, made a make clean, make dep and make, but the
> changes does
> > not take effect. In my linux-image it is always the old ip.
> > What do i have to do to change my ip? Are there any files i have to
> > change either??
>
> The ifconfig file in /etc/rc/ is copied to
> /etc/default/network at build time. The files in
> /etc/default/ are then used as the default content for
> /etc/config/. Files in /etc/config/ are saved to and restored
> from flash memory using the flatfsd command.
>
> You can edit /etc/config/network and save it to flash with
> flatfsd -s, or you could use flatfsd -w to restore the
> defaults from /etc/default/ to /etc/config/. After that
> reboot and the changes should take effect.

Ok, that works. I just edited the /etc/config with the editor called vi
and changed the ip successfully.

Thank you very much for helping.

Regards,
Benjamin