[Suzaku-en:00789] Re: SZ410 - communication between linux and fpga / reading and writing variables

mizo email@hidden
Tue May 19 18:37:48 JST 2009

Hello,

Begandt, Benjamin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to programm an interface/driver in linux that connects the
> fpga to linux.
>
> My goal - I finally want to reach - is a comunication/possibility to
> read and write variables from/to the fpga from the ethernet, for example
> from the webserver.
>
> In this case I'm searching for a method to write and read variables to
> the fpga, so that the fpga is able to use them for calculations and so
> on, or that I can read calculated values from the fpga.
> My idea is to use the PLB to do that, but till now I found no
> explanation how to programm or how to use it in Linux with c/c++ as
> programming language.
> Maybe someone of you can give me a hint, where to look or what to use??
> Or is there a better way to communicate between linux and fpga as to use
> the PLB.
There are some examples which depend on the following IP core.
- opb temac
- plb temac
- ethernet light
Which one are you looking for?
So I could tell you the suitable linux device driver then.

Regards,
mizo.