[Suzaku-en:00790] Re: SZ410 - communication between linux and fpga / reading and writing variables

Begandt, Benjamin email@hidden
Tue May 19 20:53:35 JST 2009

Hello,

Mizo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Begandt, Benjamin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to programm an interface/driver in linux that
> connects the
> > fpga to linux.
> >
> > My goal - I finally want to reach - is a
> comunication/possibility to
> > read and write variables from/to the fpga from the ethernet, for
> > example from the webserver.
> >
> > In this case I'm searching for a method to write and read
> variables to
> > the fpga, so that the fpga is able to use them for
> calculations and so
> > on, or that I can read calculated values from the fpga.
> > My idea is to use the PLB to do that, but till now I found no
> > explanation how to programm or how to use it in Linux with c/c++ as
> > programming language.
> > Maybe someone of you can give me a hint, where to look or
> what to use??
> > Or is there a better way to communicate between linux and
> fpga as to
> > use the PLB.
> There are some examples which depend on the following IP core.
> - opb temac
> - plb temac
> - ethernet light
> Which one are you looking for?
> So I could tell you the suitable linux device driver then.

You are refering to the ip core in the fpga? Till now - I think - there
is no ip core used, because the plb will be built in the next time by
another student, who is working on the fpga-part.

So I'm just trying to find out, the best way to communicate between
fpga and linux in order to realize the functions I described above.

Any information how to solve that issue would help me.

Best Regards,
Benjamin