[Suzaku-en:00866] Re: sz410 restore without parallel port

Andries Muis - LR email@hidden
Fri Oct 22 15:57:53 JST 2010

I got this back from impact.

Validating device...
'1' : IDCODE is 'ffffff' (in hex)
'1' : ID Check failed.
INFO:iMPACT:2488 - The operation did not complete successfully.
INFO:iMPACT:2595 - Device validation terminated.
INFO:iMPACT:2488 - The operation did not complete successfully.
Elapsed time =      1 sec.

I looks like it doesn't accept the connection with the prom? Any
suggestions?

Andries

(2010/10/22 6:33), Andries Muis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the SZ410 board. Just as previous discussion 00861, I copied
> the default bit file with hermit to the fpga region. After reboot the
> board doesn't communicate anymore. Same as the previous discussion no
> communication. How can I restore the board? I don't have the
possibility
> to use the parallel cable because my laptop doesn't have that port.
Can
> I use direct spi from Xilinx Impact? If so what are the steps and
which
> type of spi flash(prom) is located on the board?
>
> andries

There are two methods.
1. DirectSPI by using "mcs file".
2. iMPACT + Hermit by using "bit file" and "bin file".

########################
1. DirectSPI
########################

Please prepare the following three files.

  - fpga bit file
  - bootloader bin file
  - linux image file

The default file can be downloaded as follows.

  -
http://suzaku.atmark-techno.com/files/downloads/suzaku/fpga_proj/11.5i/s
z410/sz410-20100617.zip
  -
http://suzaku.atmark-techno.com/files/downloads/suzaku/image/powerpc/loa
der-suzaku-powerpc-v1.1.21.bin
  -
http://suzaku.atmark-techno.com/files/downloads/suzaku/image/powerpc/ima
ge-sz410_atmark-dist-20090318_linux-2.6.18-at11.bin

Please start up the command prompt or Xilinx bash shell and input the
following commands.

# promgen -w -p mcs -c FF -o "all-image.mcs" -s 8192 -u 0x0 "FPGA.bit"
-data_file up 0x100000 "bootloader.bin" -data_file up 0x120000
"Linux.bin" -spi

"mcs file" is made.

Please connect Download Cable(ex. Xilinx Platform Cable USB II) with
SUZAKU(CON2 1pin:GND,2pin:VREF,3pin:CLK,4pin:DI,5pin:DO,6pin:CS) and
start up SUZAKU.

Please start up the command prompt or Xilinx bash shell again and input
the following commands.

# impact -batch
 > setMode -spi
 > addDevice -position 1 -part "M25P64"
 > assignFile -p 1 -file "all-image.mcs"
 > setCable -p auto
 > Program -p 1 -e -v

Finish!

* Please use Xilinx ISE/EDK 11.x or 10.1. DirectSPI is not provided in
12.x.

1. iMPACT + Hermit

Please refer to the following.

http://lists.atmark-techno.com/pipermail/suzaku-en/2007-June/000373.html