[Suzaku:00213] Re: flatfsd

Yasushi SHOJI email@hidden
2005年 1月 10日 (月) 16:57:25 JST

At Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:44:36 +0800,
Shakith D. Fernando wrote:
[...]
> This is becasue I need to store configuration bitstream of abt 600kb in the
> Suzaku.

Ah, OK.  I got what you mean.

to enlarge /dev/flash/config, which is what flatfsd use to store
/etc/config/, you have to modify linux-2.4.x/drivers/mtd/maps/suzaku.c

if you want to access that region from hermit, you also have to modify
memregions.h in hermit/src/target/suzaku/.

> What is the total size of the FS?

with default configuration of suzaku, it's actually not a filesytem.
some simple data format only flatfsd knows. (read flatfsd souce in
dist/user/flatfsd/ if you are curious; you can re-configure flatfsd to
store data on jffs2)

anyway, /dev/flash/config has 64KiB assigned.  so you can store little
less (for flatfs overhead) than 64KiB in there.

I'm not sure how you want to store the bitstream or how often you want
to update the file.  Tell us little more about the usage, then I might
be able to help a bit more in detail.

Best regards,
--
            yashi