[Armadillo:00190] Re: HELP!!!!!...(it is very urgent, we can not download our application and new kernel setting use your code, and it is not match your user manual)

Fumito Morishima email@hidden
2005年 3月 24日 (木) 12:31:56 JST

Hello Angus

First of all, could you send e-mail using correct encoding ?
Because some members in this mailing list may not read your message.
As a matter of fact, I couldn't read some of characters in your previous
mail.

Answers of your questions:
1. Could you check that discover.exe send the broadcast packet ? You can
see that by the packet capturing program.
 Also, you can check whether the packet is received by seeing access LED
on Armadillo-J.

2. I guess your target is not "Base" but "Recover". If you need to use
web server, the easiest way is to use "Base".
 You can choice the "Base" by "make menuconfig".
 First "Target Platform Selection ---> ", then
"(AtmarkTechno/Armadilllo-J.Base) Vendor/Product"
 Using "Recover", serial port is used by application so that no console
output coming.

 To understand how uClinux-dist works, you can download the document from :
http://download.atmark-techno.com/common/uclinux_dist_developers_guide_en-1.1.pdf

3. You can see how image.bin is made seeing
vendors/AtmarkTechno/Armadillo-J.Base/Makefile.
 Kernel image file "linux" is in linux-2.4.x directory. To create
image.bin,  it's used.

4. To change kernel setting, using uClinux-dist menu is fine.
 Created kernel image is included in new image.bin.

Regards,

Fumito