[Armadillo:03836] Re: Tamper detection in Armadillo 500.

Yasushi SHOJI email@hidden
2008年 12月 22日 (月) 20:45:28 JST

Hi,

At Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:46:00 +0100,
Isaias Punktin wrote:

> I haven't else found any module in the Linux kernel for ARM. Does
> tamper detection work like another GPIO? If it does, why is it
> different?

it should work like same.  refer to the i.MX31 reference manual.  but
the pin is not connected to a500 cpu module connector, nothing we can
do for now.

> Does Atmark plan to give support for this functionality?

the security mode is related to with fuse on the chip and the fuse are
not open for us to use right now.  so even if we have the pin out
through the connector, we can not really use the security function on
the i.mx31 with a500.

hope this helps,
--
            yashi